Water is very imported to keep a person hydrated all day. This not only keeps your body healthy but also your skin healthy and hydrated all day. If you have migraines or headaches, it means that you are not hydrating yourself. Less intake of water will make you crave for junk food and it can also cause migraines. When I was pregnant with my kids, I just hated drinking water because I got nauseated with just a sip of water. By not drinking water, my body got dehydrated and I used to feel so tired and I also got a lot of headaches. My pregnancies made me learn a lot of stuff and infused water was one of them. Since I did not like the taste of plain water, I bought flavoured waters from store and drank it. I did not like it though. Store bought flavored water are not natural and they even have sugar in it. So drinking a lot of it will make you sick because of the unwanted intake of the chemicals. Then I tried drinking seltzers. It comes in a lot of different flavours like lime, grapefruit, lemon, guava, etc. They just tasted like plain water and only the smell of the water was flavourful. Then I decided to do some research on how to make a water flavourful and voila , “INFUSED WATER” entered into my life. I started to make one myself using lemon and it tasted amazing and I was instantly in love with the infused water. I also had gestational diabetics so sugar was not on my diet. And because of this I avoided lemonades and all the sugary juices. This infused water just tasted like a lemonade and I was so happy. Post pregnancy, I decided to customize the infused water with other weight loss promoting ingredients like green tea, cinnamon, mint and lime. Did I mention that I am anemic? So doctors asked me to take a lot of vitamin C. But the thing is, I cannot drink lemon juice or orange all day with a lot of sugar in it. So this infused water helped me a lot in vitamin C intake and also it boost my energy.
So here is the video on how to make it
Materials needed are
- A glass or bottle in which you drink your water everyday
- Lemon – 1/2 (cut into thin pieces)
- Mint – 10 leaves
- Cinnamon – 3 (1/2 inch sticks)
- Dried green tea leaves – 1/2 tsp
- Drinking water
- Straw (optional)
- Now cut half the lemon into thin wedges. This helps the water to get infused quickly.
- Pour water till the top of the glass or bottle. Once you pour the water, the ingredients will float to the top. ENJOY !!
- Drink the water and once you finish it , refill using the same glass all day long.
- It is advised that you drink at least 5 – 8 glasses of infused water to promote weight loss.
- The recipe is just for one serving. If two or more people are drinking, you just have to multiply the amounts of ingredients that I have mentioned here.
- You can also make infused water in a water dispenser. Use the same steps but remember to multiply according to the quantity of the water that you are adding.
- You can also add ice cubes to your infused water. This will also keep your water fresh and refreshing.
- Discard the ingredients and make a new one the next day. The ingredient will stay fresh only for one day and it will attract the bacterias and germs and hence it is not safe to use the same the next day.