Ingredients/materials needed for this recipe
- Coconut oil – 1/2 cup
- Shea butter – 1/4 cup
- Sweet almond oil – 1/4 cup
- Arrowroot powder – 1 tbsp
- Vitamin E oil – 1 capsule/ 5 drops
- Electric Hand mixer – to whip the ingredients
- Glass Beaker
- Glass container/ jar – to store the body butter
- Clean the glass beaker using isopropyl alcohol
- Add the coconut oil and shea butter to the beaker
- Place the beaker in a pot of boiling water and let the oils melt.
- Once the oils are melted, put it in the fridge for an hour.
- Now, add the sweet almond oil with arrowroot powder and mix well using a clean spoon.
- Add the vitamin E oil and essential oil to it. Set aside
- After 1 hr, remove the melted oils from the fridge and scrape out the edges of the beaker using a clean spoon.
- Now add the liquid oils mixture to the beaker.
- Using a hand mixer, blend all the ingredients together until you see a whipped butter consistency.
- Once it is done, clean the glass jar using isopropyl alcohol and transfer the contents to it.
- Enjoy the smooth, rich and luxury body butter.
- If the room temperature is above 75F, it is better to store the body butter in the fridge because the oils will melt at warm temperature.
- A little goes a long way, so if you use it too much, you may feel greasy.
- Body butter stay good only for 5 – 6 months as we do not add any preservative. So keep it clean and away from water.
- Use a wooden spoon or keep your hands clean when touching it to avoid mold and bacteria.